The Department (Applied Psychology)
The Department of Applied Psychology which came into existence in September 1998 with a mission to impart quality, vocational and scientific education through basic and applied research, is steadily surging ahead as an eminent center of excellence in the field of psychology. Today we feel distinguished and privileged for being the first ever Department of Applied Psychology in Uttar Pradesh. The department aims to achieve and endorse excellence in the field of psychology. An unique feature of academic programme offered by the department is state-of-the-art knowledge in applied psychology effectively complemented with the right blend of theoretical knowledge, analytical/ practical skills, industrial organizational training, communication, management, entrepreneurship motivation and training.
- To popularize importance of applied psychology in organisations, hospitals, schools, NGOs, Media and other fields.
- To develop a new body of knowledge and skills, and make it available for those
- Seeking challenging careers in the new era of liberalization and globalization.
- To Provide training to students in latest information and skills pertaining to applied psychology.
- To Shape up smart and competent professionals by ongoing modules of personality development programmes.
Pedagogy and Learning Aids
The department focuses on participative learning. The thrust is on giving students the chance of learning and sharing case study, group discussion, simulation exercises, role playing, team building, audio-visual aids, seminars, field surveys. Summer training etc. are used to enhance self – confidence of the students and prepare them to cope with changing scenario.