The Department of Environmental Science came into existence in the year 2002 with a motto “Think Globally, Act Locally and a mission to nurture man-power excellence on global environmental issues. The Department runs full-time (2 years) Masters’ courses M.Sc. (Environmental Science). It intends to impart special training to students who can easily handle the emerging environmental problems of various kinds faced by the society on the both technological and environmental fronts. The faculty personnel in the department are from diverse fields of specialization ranging from Environmental Biotechnology, Microbial Ecology, Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Modeling and Management. The Department organizes regular seminars during weekends for the students, where students speak on topic of their choice, in order to harness their oration skills and to create general awareness among them on different aspects of environmental issues. Department takes pride in not missing the celebration of Ozone Day, World Environment Day, Wildlife-week and World Water Day. Students regularly participate in the extra-curricular activities organized by the University.
Vision & Mission
The vision of the Department is to achieve national and international recognition through the impact of its research and alumni in four core areas: advanced infrastructure systems; mechanics, materials and computing; water and air quality; and green design. Our vision includes the department being a collegial, collaborative and welcoming environment in which to learn and work.
- To create, disseminate and integrate knowledge of functioning of the environment in coordination with the society and technology that enables the betterment of human society.
- To develop and transfer innovative low cost viable eco-friendly technology to improve the health and economy of rural people.
- To be recognized by our peers as a highly effective leader in the conduct interdisciplinary research and the development of innovative approaches to solving environmental problems.
- To attract and welcome graduate students into advanced study and to graduate Master of Science and Doctoral students who possess both breadth and depth in their chosen focus area and are heavily recruited by industry and academia for their academic strengths and their leadership skills.
- To maintain an intellectually challenging, yet supportive and welcoming environment, that encourages and enables our students, faculty and staff to achieve their best in a diverse community.
- Syllabus : PDFDownload [50.9 KB] Language : English