The Department of E-Commerce was formed in the year 2002 with a focus to create professionals in the area of E-Commerce. It offers two year full time course in MBA(E-Commerce). In addition, the Department also offers facilities for pursuing doctoral level research (PhD) and Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in management and allied subjects.
The booming E-Commerce and IT scenario in the country requires a pool of trained manpower to cater to business organizations who have shifted from traditional marketing to e-platforms to deliver goods and services to the customers. In this age of digital economy, E-Commerce serves as a competitive advantage to firms seeking revenue and growth. To provide well trained professionals in the area to cater the growing demands of the industry is the focus of the department.
The department trains the students in various areas of E-Commerce including : E-Marketing, E-Commerce Strategies and Models, Web Publishing & Hosting, Java Language & HTML amongst others. Students are also exposed to emerging IT areas of Data Mining & Data Warehousing Technologies and Object Oriented Programming and trained to develop and maintain E-Commerce Projects. The alumni of the department are well placed in various national and international IT, ITES and software and E-Commerce companies in India nad abroad.
Creation of a center for value based management learning through quality in teaching, research and extension.
We would like to emerge as one of the leading integrated B-School by combining best of both eastern and western management thoughts in all our academic activities.
The quality of human response depends on purity of thoughts and action along with creativity, commitment and continuous improvement. The creation of these success factors require an effective teaching-learning system consisting of dedicated and committed teachers, striving for nurturing best of talents.
- To impart need based quality management education in the area of E-Commerce.
- To provide well trained manpower to E-Commerce and IT sector.
- To sharpen their programming skills so as to develop and market software programmes and packages to the growing needs of the business markets.
- To train the students in imbibing the synergy of E-Commerce in traditional organizations inorder to improve their productivity.
- To encourage the students to become successful technical entrepreneurs.