The V.B.S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur is located in a socially and economically backward region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Almost students studying in the campus of the V.B.S. Purvanchal University are enrolled in different professional courses like Engineering, Pharmacy, Management and Post Graduate (P.G.) courses in Sciences as well as Social Sciences. Remedial coaching started on 16-03-2015 in the campus of the University, is now proving its optimum significance for the students studying in University Teaching Departments. This coaching is organized especially for the students of weaker society i.e. SC, ST, OBC (non -creamy layer), minority and the general category students possessing BPL card. This coaching is conducted with the financial assistance received from the University Grant Commission, New Delhi. The aims and objectives of the coaching are as:
- To enhance the academic skills, linguistic proficiency of the students in different subjects and raise their level of comprehension.
- To provide them stronger foundation for further study and reduce or stop drop-out rate of the students.
- To motivate the student for their sincere curiosity in subject as well as in the study.
- To improve communication and professional skill of the students.
- To motivate them for higher studies such that after a bright future they may
join the main stream of the society.
The coaching is executed by the following committee:
|Dr. Santosh Kumar||Coordinator|
|Dr. Raj Kumar||Dy. Coordinator|
|Dr. Ram Narain||Member|
|Mr. Dharmendra Singh||Member|
Nearly 400 students have cleared their pending B. Tech. degree through this coaching and about 600 students have got benefit from it till date.