The Centre for Nanoscience & Technology, one of the two research centers in Prof. Rajendra Singh (Rajju Bhaiya) Institute of Physical Sciences for Study and Research, was established in 2018. Nanotechnology is a rapidly emerging and evolving interdisciplinary branch of science & technology that derives its fundamental concepts from various core branches of science such as physics, chemistry, bioscience, and mathematics among others. It has a wide range of existing and potential applications in myriad fields ranging from material science, medicine, drug delivery, energy storage and renewable energy, electronics, agriculture, catalysis, green hydrogen, environment etc. It is widely expected to contribute significantly towards the economic and scientific growth of our country in the coming years. The centre was established with an eye towards conducting advanced-level research and scientific investigations in the field of nanoscience; to be carried out by the scientists/faculties and research scholars associated with it.
Our vision is to be a world-class research center that utilizes the concepts and opportunities provided by nanoscience & technology to further understanding in fundamental science and to address various challenges in the fields of energy, medicine, electronics, environment and agriculture.
Our mission statements are
- promoting excellence in interdisciplinary teaching and research for the benefit of the society
- development and optimization of various novel nanomaterials suitable for advanced applications
- training young researchers in nanotechnology to be future leaders of the field
- attracting funds for the centre which will be critical for the long-term sustainability of its research prospects
Ongoing Research areas
- catalysts for green hydrogen and water splitting reactions
- ionic liquids
- rechargeable batteries
- gas, humidity and soil moisture sensor
- antibacterial application of nanomaterials