Department Of Business Management
The Department of Business Management of the university was established in 1990 to offer two years full time Master of Business Administration program. Started with the annual student intake of thirty, subsequently the number of seats were increased to sixty as approved by AICTE cutting across need based functional specialization areas of management. In addition to two year full time regular MBA program , the department also offers facilities for pursuing doctoral level research (PhD) and Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in management and allied subjects.
The continuous effort of faculty, staff, students and administration has led the department on the path of academic excellence through a number of achievements in the department during the last few years. The department today enjoys a prominent position amongst the other management departments in state universities of comparable level. It has continuously contributed towards the creation and dissemination of knowledge in the area of business and management to the different target groups.
The department was recognized as a A+ category business school of the country followed by its inclusion in the AICTEs list of one of the best –practices following department in the country. The department has been identified one among the few technical departments of the country adopting Best and Progressive Practices (Code of conduct for students and faculty members, including professional ethics and social responsibilities) by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The distinguished features of the department make it a potential center of excellence in holistic management education and research with focus on Indian Ethos and Human Values in Management.
Creation of a center for value based management learning through quality in teaching,research and extension.
We would like to emerge as one of the leading integrated B-School by combining best of both eastern and western management thoughts in all our academic activities.
The quality of human response depends on purity of thoughts and action along with creativity, commitment and continuous improvement. The creation of these success factors require an effective teaching-learning system consisting of dedicated and committed teachers, striving for nurturing best of talents.
- To impart need based quality management education.
- To act as a catalyst in the industrial development of the region.
- To identify and develop the entrepreneurial talents of this area.
- To develop an ethical and human values oriented management education model based on theory, practice and self realization.
- To extend the applicability of management concepts and theories in the innovative areas, relevant to the socio economic development of the country.
- Doctoral Programme leading to Ph.D. degree
- 3.Post Doctoral Programme (PDP)
- In addition, there years Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Programme through different affiliated institutions is also offered.
The Department offers two year full time regular course in Master of Business Administration (MBA).The specializations offered include Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management and Productions & Operations Management. Students can choose any one major and one minor specialization leading to dual specialization degree. In addition, the Department also offers facilities for pursuing doctoral level research (PhD) and Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in management and allied subjects.
Admission, Seats, Fee Structure And Eligibility Requirement For MBA Course
- Annual Fees : Rs. 50,000/-(Twenty five Thousand per semester).
- Eligibilit : Candidates must be graduates with a minimum of 45% (40%for ST/SC/OBC) marks in graduation level. The candidates appearing in the final year of examination may also apply.
- Duration : Two-year (Four semesters), Full time PG course
- Mode of Admission : Through UPSEE conducted by Dr.AKTU Lucknow.
- Seats : MBA-60