Department Of Agri-Business Management
The Department of Agri-Business Management was formed in the year 2002 with the objective of encouraging the agricultural sector in contributing towards the economic development of this backward region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. It offers two year full time course in MBA(Agri-Business). In addition, the Department also offers facilities for pursuing doctoral level research (PhD) and Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in management and allied subjects.
In this age of globalised economy, the agriculture sector cannot be insulated from the winds of change. Making the sector competitive by providing tools and techniques to improve the productivity of agriculture and allied sector is the focus.
The department trains the students in various areas of agricultural management including agricultural marketing, farm & fisheries management, horticulture & floriculture, agricultural economics and environmental management amongst others. It encourages the farm sector in preservation of food post harvesting, to avoid the storage losses. Modernization of agriculture and allied areas, going for cost competitive farming and increasing the income of farmers through sustainable development methods are the other key areas of education. The alumni of the department are well placed in various national and international companies, government, academic and NGO’s.
Creation of a center for value based management learning through quality in teaching, research and extension.
We would like to emerge as one of the leading integrated B-School by combining best of both eastern and western management thoughts in all our academic activities.
The quality of human response depends on purity of thoughts and action along with creativity, commitment and continuous improvement. The creation of these success factors require an effective teaching-learning system consisting of dedicated and committed teachers, striving for nurturing best of talents.
- To impart need based quality management education in the area of agri-business management.
- To accelerate the agricultural development of the region by providing trained manpower in the sector
- To foster a spirit of entrepreneurship in rural economy.
- To apply modern agri-business techniques to improve the productivity of farming community.
- To enhance rural development through extension work.
- To provide solutions to enhance employment opportunities and increase income of rural people of the region.