The Department of Financial Studies was established in the year 1999 to keep pace with the requirements of educational up-gradation and challenges faced by the finance professionals of corporate sector. The course curriculum of MBA (Finance & Control) programme has been designed in consultation with eminent professionals from the industry, academics and government. It is regularly updated on the needs of industry. Apart from class room teaching, our pedagogy includes case study, presentations, problem solving and brain storming.
Various eminent personalities from industry and academics have graced our department as visiting faculties. Our core faculty comes from diverse backgrounds and specializations. By the time of placements, our students have already had a first hand experience of industrial and commercial working during their Summer Training which is a 6 – 8 weeks industry attachment schedule.
Reaching new heights of academic excellence and setting a new parameter of performance in teaching, learning and evaluation, Research, consultancy and extension, infrastructure and learning resources, students support and progression, organization and management and healthy practices.
The Department is mandated to produce skilled finance and management professionals, consultants and academicians equipped with knowledge and practical training to suit the requirements of the corporate & academic world.
- Creating minimum mandatory national standards benchmarked to the best in the country
- Strengthening campus by recruitment learned facilities
- Improving infrastructural facilities for teaching, Research and administration etc.
- ensuring delivery of best quality of education and teaching through audio and visual aids
- Strengthen the students and faculties by organizing seminar/conference /workshop, guest lectures by eminent scholar academic exchange program at national and international level etc.
- Collaboration of University with leading business school, University and industry etc.
- To conduct orientation /refresher course for colleges/University lecturers
- Restructuring the present courses running in the campus as per UGC/AICTE norms.